Now that I had all of the steel frame parts painted, it was time to start the re-assembly process. Before I did that, I needed to do a step I had been procrastinating on, namely, removing the studs in one of the tracks. I knew I didn’t want the studs as that was going to be hard on the asphalt, so they had to come out. They had been in there awhile, and were rusted solid, so I ended up just using my abrasive cutoff wheel, and cutting each one off. There were well over 100 of them.
Now it was finally time to start putting some parts together. I started by unwrapping the powdercoated parts, and assembling the tracks to the main frame, and then adding the transaxles. Then I could add the aluminum bellypans that I had made previously, and also some aluminum side panels around the tracks. I sprayed them with clear paint just to keep them looking nice and shiny over time.
After that was finished, I re-assembled the polyethylene plastic to the blade frame, and attached that. Then it was time to start putting together the hydraulic system and re-installing.
Here you can see a good picture of the jack shaft that powers one belt back to the transaxles, and one belt for the hydraulic pump.
After that, it was time to assemble the motor, and re-route all of the wires.
Then it was finally time to start it up and go for a test drive!
Then it was onto the trailer for a trip to the townhouse complex where it would be used. As luck would have it, it started snowing on the way there, so there was light snow to be cleared right away.
A few days later, during the day doing some snow cleanup: