Custom Built Miller Snow Dozer
The Miller Snow Dozer was built to serve a practical need. My townhouse complex has north facing garage doors, so when small amounts of snow falls, the snow needs to be removed quickly before people drive on it and pack it into ice. Since the garages block the sun, it will never melt off until spring. I’ve since moved out to an acreage, which also has a decent driveway and north facing garage doors. It works great for clearing the snow and keeping the garage concrete slab clear. From light snow falls to even heavy/high drifts, I’m able to remove the snow with minimal effort.
- 18hp Kohler V-twin horizontal shaft Engine
- Hydro-Gear Left & right hydrostatic transaxles
- Snowmobile tracks from some ’89 & ’93 Arctic Cat Snowmobiles
- Dozer blade: 78″ wide, Steel Frame & Polyethylene sheeting, full hydraulic up/down and tilt left/right via foot pedals. Blade is removable with quick hardware & couplers on hydraulics.
- Heated handles
- Dual Forward Headlights & Single Rear Light
- Weight: ~800 lbs
YouTube Video Links:
Short Summary of Parts 1, 2 & 3
Breaking up some snow & clearing it
Pushing snow and climbing the pile
Link to complete design & build details