Knuckleboom Crane: Fast forward: time for more work!

After 1 year on hold, wow time flies, I was finally able to get back to this project, June 22, 2013. Note, I was in China working during this time, and this project is in the US, so not much alternative.  However, it gave me time to think, and I really wanted to add an exhaust stack pipe to it.  I bought a bunch of exhaust fittings, clamps and a really long pipe at Mills Fleet Farm.  Next I needed to make some brackets to hold the pipe vertical that would bolt to the frame.  I didn’t want to add any holes to the cab sheetmetal, so the brace needed to be pretty hefty.  Here’s some pictures of fabricating the bracket on my milling machine and then welding and assembling.

IMG_3690 IMG_3692 IMG_3695 IMG_3698 IMG_3704 IMG_3713 IMG_3714

Unfortunately, during the process of adding the stack, I removed the muffler that I didn’t think was doing too much, well, I guess it was, because its way louder than it was.  So I’ll need to get another muffler and put that in at some point.