After finishing the exhaust stack, I wanted to test the hydraulic system again. This time it was somewhat more successful, but the speed still leaves something to be desired. I was able to unfold the boom, and extend, but super slowly. Hmmmm. I took some pictures of the system for later reference, and then spent time on other projects…… security system installation, 1950 Chevy panel van purchase, and other miscellaneous items. Those will be future write-ups for the site.
I did some more thinking about it, and I think part of the problem is still an issue of limited capacity of the fluid volume. If the pump is getting starved of oil and sucking a bit of air, that would certainly contribute to the problem. Not sure that it’s the root of the problem though.